[FoRK] Quotes - 200611 - OBSESSED is just a word the LAZY use to describe the DEDICATED.

Stephen D. Williams < sdw at lig.net > on > Wed Nov 1 13:14:02 PST 2006

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar wrote:
> On Nov 1, 2006, at 12:51 PM, Stephen D. Williams wrote:
>> It is a curious fact that of all the illusions that beset mankind
>> none is quite so curious as the tendency to suppose that we are
>> mentally and morally superior to those that differ from us in opinion.
>> Elbert Hubbard
>
> :-)
>
> - Ernie P.
I thought that one was apt, but it didn't fit on the subject line.

I'm sure I've FoRKed this before:

"Don't confuse arrogance with chronic correctness." - sdw (circa 1998)
I don't know if my coworkers appreciated the recursively faux-arrogant
irony at the time, but it was funny.
At the same time, it's sometimes true. In fact, it's a line that House
or his buddy should use.

We were not in fact arrogant at all, we just tended to race ahead of the
in-house developers. I later worked with a guy who I still tell people
about.