[FoRK] Freely Available Filtering Systems, Information Filtering Resources

Ken Meltsner < meltsner at alum.mit.edu > on > Thu Nov 9 09:55:15 PST 2006

On 11/7/06, Strata R. Chalup <strata at virtual.net> wrote:

> It's time.  Remember that it took, what, 10 years or more for Bayesian filtering
> that had become routine against Usenet spam to catch on for email.

And, I fear, only a couple of more years after that for the spammers
to figure out how to defeat Bayesian filtering.

I've been trying to think of a good way to determine whether a message
is phishing, although URLs for servers with numeric addresses or in
the Czech Republic are usually a reliable indicator....

Ken