[FoRK] Technology product recommendations: projector, mp3/4 video watch, USB EVDO Rev. A deal

Stephen D. Williams < sdw at lig.net > on > Sun Nov 12 11:32:04 PST 2006

I often keep tabs on things that I need, sometimes for years, until the
right price or feature point comes along.
There are three deals that I've recently found, but they're time
sensitive so there's no reason to put all the details in the archive.

If you are interested in pointers for any of the following, email me:

An HD/HDCMP/XGA (1024x768 native) projector that plays images from a USB
drive.  Has a $400 rebate until the end of the month.

A deal for the new Sprint USB EVDO Rev. A "modem" that is $0.99, and for
me at least seems to include a free month of service and $50 credit.

The coolest thing that I think I'm going to import is a watch form
factor MP3 player that also plays a custom version of MP4 video and
shows images, having 2GB of storage and an OLED screen.  It's
surprisingly cheap.