[FoRK] "I would ban religion completely"

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar < drernie at radicalcentrism.org > on > Mon Nov 13 16:40:37 PST 2006

On Nov 13, 2006, at 11:42 AM, Stephen D. Williams wrote:
> Elton John's not exactly going to influence all of society, but the
> drumbeat on this subject continues.
>
> http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/11/13/britain.eltonjohn.ap/
> index.html
> "Organized religion doesn't seem to work. It turns people into
> really hateful lemmings and it's not really compassionate."

Yeah, we better stop those Salvation Army types from their hateful,
anti-compassionate, lemming-like compulsion of pretending to
efficiently help people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
The_Salvation_Army#Current_organization_and_expenditures
> After the United Nations, the Salvation Army is the world's largest
> provider of social aid, with expenditures of $2.6 billion in 2004,
> helping more than 30 million people.

;-)

-- Ernie P.