[FoRK] Dial up ISP in Oregon?

Andy Armstrong < andy at hexten.net > on > Tue Nov 14 11:20:30 PST 2006

Sorry to bother FoRK with this. I provide web hosting to a guy who
makes mountain bike frames in Medford, Oregon - Jeff Jones
(jonesbikes.com). He's a fantastic frame builder but he sucks pretty
amazingly at computers. At the moment he's dialling up with
Jeffnet.org (http://www4.jeffnet.org/) and finds that he often can't
send mail - relaying denied - presumably because their outgoing mail
server doesn't like him sending mail using the jonesbikes.com domain
name. For whatever reason - possibly transparent proxying by his ISP
- he isn't able to connect to my smtp server (which would allow him
to send mail).

I'm having limited success solving his problems from here in the UK...

Would anyone happen to know of a different ISP that serves Medford
that I could recommend to him? Somebody who wouldn't get funky about
people sending mail using a domain name other than the ISP provided one?

Thanks :)

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net