[FoRK] The drum beat continues, making exactly the wrong moves

Stephen D. Williams < sdw at lig.net > on > Thu Nov 16 11:55:25 PST 2006

(Firefox must be out of memory or something, it mangled this and didn't
copy the subject...)

 wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
> right, and likable characters are often now "openly Atheist": Dr.
> Brennan on Bones, House on House, Gil Grissom on CSI, etc.
> I think you're pushing it a bit to call him "likable." :-)
Well, I like him!  You have to look through the gruffness.  I'd rather
have someone plainly combative but all up front than sugary but stabbing
you in the back.
> Science" which is a dueling interview of Richard Dawkins and Francis
> Collins.
> bit stuffier than I would like) did an excellent job of representing
> "my" side of the issue.&nbsp; Do you feel Dawkins captured your
> perspective appropriately?
I didn't disagree with Dawkins at all and I did with Collins, if that is
what you mean.  I have additional arguments to those presented.
> of this?
> think they're capable of that level of calculation. :-P
I think they try at various levels...
> the leadership of the religious right is hypocritical, homophobic,
> self-righteous, self-serving and untrustworthy -- well, then I
> completely agree with you, and I suspect Jesus would too:
Amen!
Good luck with that.  ;-)