[FoRK] Inside the Jihad: My Life With Al Qaeda: A Spy's Story -> random conspiracy theories

Stephen D. Williams < sdw at lig.net > on > Mon Nov 20 12:36:51 PST 2006

Just stumbled across this.  I hadn't heard some of these conspiracy
theories before.

I had to laugh at: "Kiss My Left Behind"...
I was looking at: "*Inside the Jihad: My Life With Al Qaeda: A Spy's Story"
(I'm not endorsing the following.)
*
http://www.amazon.com/gp/richpub/syltguides/fullview/3EWAXLH02YVL5/ref=cm_sylt_dtpa_fvsy_cfa_1/104-1605816-6213510
*Why are we in Iraq ?*
<http://www.amazon.com/gp/richpub/syltguides/fullview/3EWAXLH02YVL5/ref=cm_sylt_dtpa_fvsy_cfa_1/104-1605816-6213510#heading001>

There is a little known plan created by the Neo-conservative think tanks
called "The Bankrupt State." The plan is to get control of the
government, with a Republican President and Congress, and then spend the
federal government into bankruptcy. It doesn't matter what they spend
the money on--though of course they want to channel as much of the money
as thay can into the pockets of their political supporters--it only
matters that they essentially bankrupt the government by creating an
enormous national debt. This plan was carried out under Reagan, Bush, &
Bush II.

The point of this plan is to so hobble the federal government with debt
that it will have to focus on essential functions of government. Other
needs, like the environment, social services, oversight of corporations,
social justice will not be funded. The big corporations--who support the
Republicans--are especially concerned to stop investigations of
corportate corruption.

The administration of George W. Bush has pursued this plan with a
vengence. This is the primary reason we went to war with Iraq. The
quickest way to spend money is on a war. The Bush administration has
squandered many billions in Iraq and much of this money went into the
pockets of Defense contractors and Bush's (and especially Chaney's)
political friends. It is in the best interests of Bush's friends to
prolong the war in Iraq for as long as possible, in order to squeeze
every last nickel out of the war contracts. So don't look for an end to
the war anytime soon. If the Democrats do get control of the House or
Senate, look for Bush to block any investigation of war profiteering in
the name of "national security."

Expect news like this:
"Since 2001, Congress has approved $502 billion for the war on terror,
roughly two-thirds for Iraq. The latest request, due to reach the
incoming Democratic-controlled Congress next spring, would make the war
on terror more expensive than the Vietnam War. Sen. Kent Conrad, D-N.D.,
who will chair the Senate Budget Committee next year, said the amount
under consideration is "$127 billion and rising." He said the cost "is
going to increasingly become an issue" because it could prevent Congress
from addressing domestic priorities, such as expanding Medicare
prescription drug coverage. " 11-20-06

In the US, Bush shoveled additional billions into the pockets of
conservative religious groups. After 9/11, Bush ignored the real
security needs of the large costal cities like New York, and sent
billions to the "red states" in the midwest and west (who were in no
immediate danger from terrorists, but who supported Bush and his
political cronies).

It may be hard to believe, but the Bush administration has treated
homeland security as if it was just another porkbarrel project. Vast
sums of money were squandered in the central midwest, while port
security was ignored. On top of this, when congress tried to spend money
on rebuilding the levees around New Orleans a few years ago, the White
House staff vetoed that effort. They couldn't stand the idea of money
going to construction unions associated with the democrats! The result
was the disasater of Katrina.

Bush couldn't care less about stopping another terrorist attack. After
all, another attack just makes Bush more powerful politically. This is
why almost nothing has been done to secure our ports or our coastal
cities from terrorism.

A Nation Gone Blind: America in an Age of Simplification and Deceit
<http://www.amazon.com/Nation-Gone-Blind-America-Simplification/dp/1593760981/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_1/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

Kiss My Left Behind
<http://www.amazon.com/Kiss-Left-Behind-Earl-Lee/dp/1593301065/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_2/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

The Road to Guantanamo
<http://www.amazon.com/Road-Guantanamo-Riz-Ahmed/dp/B000HOL67U/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_3/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

My Friend W
<http://www.amazon.com/My-Friend-W-David-Martin/dp/097462702X/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_4/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

101 People Who Are Really Screwing America
<http://www.amazon.com/101-People-Really-Screwing-America/dp/1560258756/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_5/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

The 15% Solution: A Political History of American Fascism, 2001-2022
<http://www.amazon.com/15%25-Solution-Political-American-2001-2022/dp/1577450078/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_6/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

DUMBASS
<http://www.amazon.com/DUMBASS-Jules-Carlysle/dp/0978164601/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_7/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

Kiss My Left Behind 2: The Tribulation Farce
<http://www.amazon.com/Kiss-My-Left-Behind-Tribulation/dp/1932672214/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_8/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

With God on Their Side: How Christian Fundamentalists Trampled Science,
Policy, and Democracy in George W. Bush's White House
<http://www.amazon.com/God-Their-Side-Christian-Fundamentalists/dp/1565849205/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_9/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

The War at Home: The Domestic Costs of Bush's Militarism
<http://www.amazon.com/War-Home-Domestic-Costs-Militarism/dp/1565849353/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_10/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

The Best War Ever: Lies, Damned Lies, and the Mess in Iraq
<http://www.amazon.com/Best-War-Ever-Lies-Damned/dp/1585425095/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_11/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

Impostor: How George W. Bush Bankrupted America and Betrayed the Reagan
Legacy
<http://www.amazon.com/Impostor-George-Bankrupted-America-Betrayed/dp/0385518277/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_12/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

When News Lies
<http://www.amazon.com/When-News-Lies-Danny-Schechter/dp/1590790731/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_13/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

Jesus Is Not a Republican: The Religious Right's War on America
<http://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Not-Republican-Religious-America/dp/1560257636/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_14/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

Tragedy and Farce: How the American Media Sell Wars, Spin Elections, and
Destroy Democracy
<http://www.amazon.com/Tragedy-Farce-American-Elections-Democracy/dp/1595580166/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_15/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

Clueless George Goes to War
<http://www.amazon.com/Clueless-George-Goes-War-Bagley/dp/0974486051/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_16/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

Straight Talk from the Heartland: Tough Talk, Common Sense, and Hope
from a Former Conservative
<http://www.amazon.com/Straight-Talk-Heartland-Common-Conservative/dp/0060784571/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_17/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

The Uncomfortable Dead
<http://www.amazon.com/Uncomfortable-Dead-Subcomandante-Marcos/dp/1933354070/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_18/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

Fooled Again
<http://www.amazon.com/Fooled-Again-Mark-Crispin-Miller/dp/0465045790/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_19/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

One Bullet Away: The Making of a Marine Officer
<http://www.amazon.com/One-Bullet-Away-Making-Officer/dp/0618556133/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_20/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

The Motherhood Manifesto: What America's Moms Want - and What To Do
About It
<http://www.amazon.com/Motherhood-Manifesto-What-Americas-About/dp/1560258845/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_21/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

Imperial Overstretch: George W. Bush and the Hubris of Empire
<http://www.amazon.com/Imperial-Overstretch-George-Hubris-Empire/dp/1842774972/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_22/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

Generalissimo El Busho: Essays & Cartoons on the Bush Years
<http://www.amazon.com/Generalissimo-El-Busho-Essays-Cartoons/dp/1561633852/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_23/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

Made in Texas: George W. Bush and the Southern Takeover of American
Politics (New America Books (Paperback))
<http://www.amazon.com/Made-Texas-Southern-Takeover-Paperback/dp/0465041221/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_24/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

High Risk and Big Ambition: The Presidency of George W. Bush
<http://www.amazon.com/High-Risk-Big-Ambition-Presidency/dp/0822958503/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_25/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

The Wimp Factor: Gender Gaps, Holy Wars, and the Politics of Anxious
Masculinity
<http://www.amazon.com/Wimp-Factor-Politics-Anxious-Masculinity/dp/0807043443/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_26/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

Imperial Life in the Emerald City: Inside Iraq's Green Zone
<http://www.amazon.com/Imperial-Life-Emerald-City-Inside/dp/1400044871/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_27/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

How the Gop Stole America's 2004 Election & Is Rigging 2008
<http://www.amazon.com/Stole-Americas-2004-Election-Rigging/dp/097534028X/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_28/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

Inside the Jihad: My Life With Al Qaeda: A Spy's Story
<http://www.amazon.com/Inside-Jihad-Life-Qaeda-Story/dp/0465023886/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_29/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

The Big Chill: The Great, Unreported Story of the Bush Inauguration
Protest
<http://www.amazon.com/Big-Chill-Unreported-Inauguration-Protest/dp/0974960977/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_30/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

On Becoming Fearless.... in Love, Work, and Life
<http://www.amazon.com/Becoming-Fearless-Love-Work-Life/dp/0316166812/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_31/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

What We Knew: Terror, Mass Murder, and Everyday Life in Nazi Germany: An
Oral History
<http://www.amazon.com/What-We-Knew-Everyday-Germany/dp/0465085717/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_32/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

The Next Attack: The Failure of the War on Terror and a Strategy for
Getting it Right
<http://www.amazon.com/Next-Attack-Failure-Strategy-Getting/dp/080508133X/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_33/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

What We've Lost
<http://www.amazon.com/What-Weve-Lost-Graydon-Carter/dp/0374288925/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_34/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

The Greatest Story Ever Sold: The Decline and Fall of Truth from 9/11 to
Katrina
<http://www.amazon.com/Greatest-Story-Ever-Sold-Decline/dp/159420098X/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_35/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

Cruel and Unusual: Bush/Cheney's New World Order
<http://www.amazon.com/Cruel-Unusual-Cheneys-World-Order/dp/0393059170/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_36/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

The Unquiet Grave : The FBI and the Struggle for the Soul of Indian
Country
<http://www.amazon.com/Unquiet-Grave-Struggle-Indian-Country/dp/1560257350/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_37/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

Making a Poem: Some Thoughts About Poetry And the People Who Write It
<http://www.amazon.com/Making-Poem-Thoughts-Poetry-People/dp/0807131326/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_38/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

Kill the Messenger: How the CIA's Crack-Cocaine Controversy Destroyed
Journalist Gary Webb
<http://www.amazon.com/Kill-Messenger-Crack-Cocaine-Controversy-Journalist/dp/1560259302/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_39/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

Jacked: How "Conservatives" Are Picking Your Pocket (Whether You Voted
for Them or Not)
<http://www.amazon.com/Jacked-Conservatives-Picking-Pocket-Whether/dp/0976062186/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_40/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

The Devil's Dictionaries: The Best of the Devil's Dictionary and the
American Heretic's Dictionary
<http://www.amazon.com/Devils-Dictionaries-Dictionary-American-Heretics/dp/1884365353/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_41/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

Grand Theft Pentagon :Tales of Corruption and Profiteering in the War on
Terror
<http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Theft-Pentagon-Corruption-Profiteering/dp/1567513360/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_42/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

The One Percent Doctrine
<http://www.amazon.com/One-Percent-Doctrine-Ron-Suskind/dp/0743271092/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_43/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

All 'bout Me, An Arkansas Tail
<http://www.amazon.com/All-bout-Me-Arkansas-Tail/dp/158961268X/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_44/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

Homeland Security Scams
<http://www.amazon.com/Homeland-Security-Scams-James-Bennett/dp/0765803348/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_45/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

The Jungle: The Uncensored Original Edition
<http://www.amazon.com/Jungle-Uncensored-Original-Upton-Sinclair/dp/1884365302/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_46/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

Naked Republicans: A Full-frontal Exposure of Right-wing Hypocrisy and
Greed
<http://www.amazon.com/Naked-Republicans-Full-frontal-Right-wing-Hypocrisy/dp/0812976916/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_47/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

Mystery Man: William Rhodes Davis, American Nazi Agent of Influence
<http://www.amazon.com/Mystery-Man-William-American-Influence/dp/1574883380/ref=cm_sylt_fullview_prod_48/104-1605816-6213510/104-1605816-6213510>

*William Rhodes Davis was Adolf Hitler's main agent of influence in the
United States. Among Davis's many nefarious deeds was his acquisition of
much of the oil Hitler needed to start World War II and the delivery of
five million dollars to the Republican Party for the presidential
campaign of 1940.*
<http://www.amazon.com/gp/richpub/syltguides/fullview/3EWAXLH02YVL5/ref=cm_sylt_dtpa_fvsy_cfa_1/104-1605816-6213510#heading002>