[FoRK] flatlanders discussing the 3rd dimension

Tony Finch < dot at dotat.at > on > Mon Nov 20 17:50:05 PST 2006

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006, Bill Humphries wrote:

> Think of Christian eschatology, no matter what humans do, there is a
> Final Judgement, the Universe (as we know't) is destroyed, the elect go
> to Heaven*, the rest suffer Hell. Humans can't change the end state,
> only the bin to which you're sorted.

Doesn't that argument apply equally well to heat-death?

Tony.
BAILEY: CYCLONIC BECOMING NORTHWESTERLY SEVERE GALE 9 TO VIOLENT STORM 11,
OCCASIONALLY HURRICANE FORCE 12 IN SOUTH, DECREASING 7 TO SEVERE GALE 9 LATER.
HIGH OR VERY HIGH. RAIN OR SQUALLY SHOWERS. MODERATE OR POOR.