[FoRK] flatlanders discussing the 3rd dimension

Adam L Beberg < beberg at mithral.com > on > Tue Nov 21 00:42:46 PST 2006

Bill Humphries wrote on 11/20/2006 6:24 PM:
> Meanwhile, while I can discus what it would mean to me to be in a
> universe instance with or without a god, that's orthogonal to what I
> consider to be the real issues:
>
> 1. How do believers and non-believers coexist without killing one another?

*laughs* because we're alive and want to stay that way. Sooner or later,
there is a shortage of food for a species. At that point, there are 2
solutions:

#1. everyone dies.
#2. everyone fights until ( food > eatters )

Religion is the way humans have decided to choose teams, since #2 is the
only valid choice. It's as bad as any other method I can think of.

We'll also invoke #2 over oil, gold, diamonds, and a hundred other
things proving beyond doubt we're the stupidest of all lifeforms.

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/