[FoRK] Wicked cool wind-powered robot / kinetic sculpture

Dave Long < dave.long at bluewin.ch > on > Tue Nov 21 13:54:21 PST 2006

>> Steering?  How life like is that?
> If you think along the lines of horse back riding, the
> horse is pretty life like.

That's exactly the line I was thinking along: where's the steering
wheel on a horse?  The directional commitment occurs between the ears.
No worries about diff lock engagement, few worries about traction or
breakover angle (ramp: the full 90 degrees, more or less; hoof: should
be a matter of minor farrier adjustment, not major concern), but the
DWIM works best when your aids make your intent clear.

-Dave

> P.S. To each his own biomechanical dreams.

How about Haflinger or Haflinger, depending upon the footing in the
dunes?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haflinger
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haflinger_%28horse%29

(which ad context will this trigger in the archives?  pony or 4x4?  or
will it just yield the usual $name_of_plane hits which key off the
package name in the archive URL?)