[FoRK] "Get ready for 24 hour living

Russell Turpin < deafbox at hotmail.com > on > Wed Nov 22 13:00:43 PST 2006

"SO MUCH to do, so little time. Between a hectic work schedule
and a thriving social life, Yves (not his real name), a 31
year-old software developer from Seattle, often doesn't have
time for a full night's sleep. So he swallows something to
make sure he doesn't need one. "If I take a dose just before
I go to bed, I can wake up after 4 or 5 hours and feel
refreshed," he says. "The alarm goes off and I'm like, let's
go!"

"Yves is talking about modafinil, a stimulant that since its
launch seven years ago has acquired a near-mythical reputation
for wiring you awake without the jitters, euphoria and eventual
crash that come after caffeine or amphetamines. Yves has been
popping modafinil on and off for the past three years and says
it is 'tremendously useful'. 'I find I can be very productive
at work," he says. 'I'm more organised and more motivated. And
it means I can go out partying on a Friday night and still go
skiing early on Saturday morning.'"

..

This one is for Jeff. Here's the rest of the article:

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg18925391.300