[FoRK] reas. conv. 12/1: MLK on "Love"

Kevin Elliott < K-Elliott at wiu.edu > on > Mon Dec 4 09:22:01 PST 2006

At 8:43 AM -0500  on  12/4/06, Jeffrey Winter wrote:
>I find this notion that religion is a "threat" unconvincing, and
>frankly, ahistorical.  The bloodletting laid at the feet
>of theism is rooted in tribalisms of all sort, colored by
>religion certainly.

Indeed.  The idea that Christianity (or any other religion) has some
particularly special roll in the long and colorful history of humans
killing other humans just doesn't carry much water IMHO.  We've been
chopping each other up for a very, very long time.  Excuses and
reasons change, but war is a constant.  Blaming religion is just buck
passing of the worst sort- in the end SOMEONE did the deed and they
are the ones responsible.