[FoRK] spam insanity

Ian Andrew Bell < hello at ianbell.com > on > Tue Dec 5 10:06:45 PST 2006

I've done it for years at TUFFMAIL.

I think part of your problem is called "Backscatter" which are the
bounce messages you receive when one of your email addresses is
forged into a From: header.

	A bit more about it here:
	http://www.tuffmail.com/backscatter.php

	And here:
	http://temporaryinbox.blogspot.com/2006/11/141106-abuse-
information.html

Gmail hasn't to date implemented SRA (Signed Return Addresses) which
to some extend addresses this issue.  But mail servers that send
bounce messages back out the PIPE when the sending server is NOT in
the listed SPF record are stupid.

-Ian.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ianbell