[FoRK] Postscriptum...

Jeff Bone < jbone at place.org > on > Tue Dec 5 17:02:26 PST 2006

BTW, two quick bits that, in typical fashion, I wasn't clever enough
to include in my previous tell-all about my misspent youth among the
Xians...

On Dec 5, 2006, at 4:04 PM, Jeffrey Winter wrote:

>> I've come around to the point of view that
>> religious indoctrination of children is
>> child abuse.
>
> Good Lord.

Not so much.  No, not really.

> I still think Dawkins and his acolytes need to justify
> this escalation of rhetoric.

Religious authorities *invented* the escalation of rhetoric.  If
you're a theist, and you don't like being verbally eviscerated by
those smart enough not to fall for your favorite brand of popular
insanity, don't blame the person trying to shock you back to sanity
--- blame your religion.  They invented the game, and all its rules.

No more deference.  "Religious tolerance" --- which means never being
critical of anybody's religion --- is nothing more than the original,
and ultimate, form of political correctness.  And that's not
forthcoming from me, anymore --- and I would encourage anybody else
with similar sentiments to stand up and deliver "love" just as tough.

$0.02,

jb