[FoRK] At what point is email officially broken?

Andy Armstrong < andy at hexten.net > on > Wed Dec 6 12:41:11 PST 2006

On 6 Dec 2006, at 20:31, Jim Whitehead wrote:
> Feels like we need an "Iraq Study Group" for the spam problem.
> We're not winning the war, and we're in serious denial. As far as I
> can tell, there are no IETF working groups addressing the issue of
> fixing the email infrastructure.

I've never received a properly crypto-signed spam. Is it not the case
that if when spam first became a problem (Green Card anyone?)
everyone had started incorporating easy to use signing into their
mail products and ISPs had dished out certs to their subscribers as a
matter of course we might be a bit better off now?

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net