[FoRK] At what point is email officially broken?

Jim Whitehead < ejw at soe.ucsc.edu > on > Wed Dec 6 12:56:14 PST 2006

> I've never received a properly crypto-signed spam. Is it not the
> case that if when spam first became a problem (Green Card anyone?)
> everyone had started incorporating easy to use signing into their
> mail products and ISPs had dished out certs to their subscribers as
> a matter of course we might be a bit better off now?

It's unclear to me that this would solve the spam-via-botnet problem.
In this case, the end-user's machine has been completely compromised
including, presumably, the ability to send encrypted email as that user.

- Jim