[FoRK] At what point is email officially broken?

Adam L Beberg < beberg at mithral.com > on > Wed Dec 6 14:37:37 PST 2006

Tom Higgins wrote on 12/6/2006 1:59 PM:
> Profitability = Propagation
>
> The bottom line for now is that the folks making spam possible make it
> profitable and thus the rates of propagation will rise.

As long as humans are stupid, advertising will work.

That means all the money is and will be on the spammers side.
And that means all the politicians will be on the spammers side.
And that means all the laws will be on the spammers side.

Just _one_ spamming company is worth 150 billion, and all they do is add
spam to web pages.

So to everyone but us geeks, email is working great.

And since nothing is actually made in America such that all we do is
sell or advertise other peoples (republic of china) goods, that's
probably a good thing!

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/