[FoRK] Hearing What We Want or Wanting What We Hear

Tom Higgins < tomhiggins at gmail.com > on > Wed Dec 6 14:44:36 PST 2006

""The pressures of the hearing are nothing compared to the pressures I
got from a woman who came over to me at the hotel while I was having
dinner the other night, seated by myself," the nominee said. "She
congratulated me on my nomination and she said, 'I have two sons in
Iraq. For God's sake, bring them home safe.' ""
The room went quiet as Ted Kennedy (D-Mass.), who had been questioning
Gates, smiled and nodded in agreement. "

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/05/AR2006120501239.html