[FoRK] Swearing in

Aaron Burt < aaron at bavariati.org > on > Wed Dec 6 15:00:25 PST 2006

On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 02:36:01PM -0800, Tom Higgins wrote:
> http://thinkprogress.org/2006/12/05/prager-holocaust/
>
> "Right-wing talk show host Dennis Prager has raised a firestorm

I.e. a professional demagogue earned his paycheck...

> charging that Rep.-elect Keith Ellison (D-MN), the first Muslim
> elected to Congress, must swear in using a Bible.

Why wouldn't he?  Oh, wait, I forgot that most Xtians don't know that
Muslims worship the same god and recognize the Biblical prophets.

I wonder what a Mormon would swear on?  A Jew?

> He said that if Ellison swears in with a Quran, it would "undermin[e]
> American civilization" and be akin to swearing in with a copy of
> Hitler's "Mein Kampf."

-EGODWIN: Speaker determined to be full of manure.

> Prager is not a typical talk radio host. In September, he was
> appointed by President Bush to a five-year term on the taxpayer-funded
> United States Holocaust Memorial Council. A statement announcing
> Prager's appointment praised his "unique moral voice.""

It's certainly not unique enough.