[FoRK] Annihilation from within...

Eugen Leitl < eugen at leitl.org > on > Sat Dec 9 13:23:09 PST 2006

On Sat, Dec 09, 2006 at 03:18:01PM -0600, Jeff Bone wrote:

> There's no conflict here --- we're not talking physics problems,
> we're talking engineering problems, specifically miniaturization
> problems.  MEG could be dramatically improved through some relatively

Even if your sensor is um-sized, it's a goodish way above the cortex.
The only way to beat the distance and the shielding (for galvanic
potentials) is to remove the distance and the shield, which means
you have to get invasive. Miniaturization can't beat that, unless
we're talking nanoscale invasive devices, which are in situ.