[FoRK] Annihilation from within...

Jeff Bone < jbone at place.org > on > Sat Dec 9 17:05:56 PST 2006

On Dec 9, 2006, at 3:23 PM, Eugen Leitl wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 09, 2006 at 03:18:01PM -0600, Jeff Bone wrote:
>
>> There's no conflict here --- we're not talking physics problems,
>> we're talking engineering problems, specifically miniaturization
>> problems.  MEG could be dramatically improved through some relatively
>
> Even if your sensor is um-sized, it's a goodish way above the cortex.

I'm not suggesting that we need anything more than roughly current-
equivalent MEG...  Given that we have that already, the major
obstacle to commercial adoption for the apps we're talking about is
purely engineering.  What am I missing, here?  Newer / cheaper
versions of the same functionality don't have any physical obstacles
that aren't also had by current implementations.

jb