[FoRK] Annihilation from within...

Jeff Bone < jbone at place.org > on > Sat Dec 9 17:13:21 PST 2006

On Dec 9, 2006, at 3:23 PM, Eugen Leitl wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 09, 2006 at 03:18:01PM -0600, Jeff Bone wrote:
>
>> There's no conflict here --- we're not talking physics problems,
>> we're talking engineering problems, specifically miniaturization
>> problems.  MEG could be dramatically improved through some relatively
>
> Even if your sensor is um-sized, it's a goodish way above the cortex.

BTW, the point (which I failed to make in the last message) is this
--- it seems to me that if you can make the SQUIDs small enough and
cheap enough and have them work at room temperature, then you'd want
to stick more of them in the helmet.  Enough separate sensors plus
some heavy DSP and you could expect --- at least --- equivalent
quality to the bulkier rigs we have today.  Perhaps better.

Shielding and other environmental and power considerations are
admittedly thornier...

jb