[FoRK] spam insanity

Tony Finch < dot at dotat.at > on > Sun Dec 10 15:49:30 PST 2006

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006, Luis Villa wrote:

> I'm trying to fix a completely different problem than dictionary
> attacks. But hey, thanks for the advice on fixing that completely
> different problem than the one I asked about. Much appreciated.

You complain about getting too much spam, and much of it is because you
have a catch-all domain. Justin has described some techniques specific to
dealing with blow-back, but that's really just one side-effect of the
fundamental mistake. Fixing it will help with all kinds of spam, not just
blow-back.

Sorry for getting irritated when you dismissed my suggestion, which is the
single change that will make the biggest improvement to your problem.

Tony.
VIKING NORTH UTSIRE SOUTH UTSIRE FORTIES CROMARTY FORTH: SOUTHWEST GALE 8 OR
SEVERE GALE 9, DECREASING 6 OR 7 FOR A TIME. HIGH OR VERY HIGH. OCCASIONAL
RAIN. MODERATE, OCCASIONALLY POOR.