[FoRK] spam insanity

Luis Villa < luis at tieguy.org > on > Sun Dec 10 15:56:11 PST 2006

On 12/10/06, Tony Finch <dot at dotat.at> wrote:
> Sorry for getting irritated when you dismissed my suggestion, which is the
> single change that will make the biggest improvement to your problem.

I'd happily turn off the mail funneling if it didn't solve a whole
other set of problems for me. I'm not willing to be one of those
paranoid freaks who refuses to register for things online, and I have
drastic proof (cnnsi at tieguy.org gets 1K+ spam a day, which I can
easily blacklist with my current setup) that registering using your
real email address is also dumb.

I'm definitely open to solutions to that problem; I'd be more than
happy to kill the wildcard if I saw another option that allowed me to
register freely online, kept me to one central gmail account, and
still allowed me to blackhole compromised addresses.

Luis