[FoRK] Re: spam insanity

Luis Villa < luis at tieguy.org > on > Tue Dec 12 06:13:15 PST 2006

On 12/12/06, Luis Villa <luis at tieguy.org> wrote:
> On 12/12/06, Corinna <corinna.schultz at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Luis Villa wrote:
> > > Unfortunately if I had the time to do that, I probably wouldn't be
> > > using gmail in the first place, and I could just use the + suffixes
> > > Tony mentioned (which unfortunately gmail doesn't support.)
> >
> > Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I've set up a filter on + addresses in
> > gmail and it works just fine. (e.g. so I can send myself emails with
> > +todo and the filter will apply a todo label).  It works even if you
> > don't define a filter.
>
> Huh- how long have you been doing that? I tried it before and it
> definitely bounced the message then. Will try again- if so, that
> solves a lot of my problems. Thanks, Corinna!

I hug you! I have no idea why this didn't work for me before, but it
does now. This solves a lot of problems.

Note to those that want to try this with gmail: you should quote in
your filters, i.e., you'd want to filter on:

to:"luis+foo"

If you do instead:

to:luis+foo

you'll get all mails that are to:luis, plus all mails that contain foo.

Luis (off to mess with the tieguy.org mail setup and remove the wildcard)