[FoRK] Found on YouTube: MWI Beeb documentary

Simon Wistow < simon at thegestalt.org > on > Fri Dec 15 11:26:56 PST 2006

On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 09:46:11AM -0600, Jeff Bone said:

> Part 1:
>
> 	http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWsNviYr9CA

Potentially (re(re(re)))opening a can of worms but has there been any
serious, public efforts to reconcile the theories mentioned in that
documentary with religious doctrine?

So, for example - is $god the supreme being of all universes or just
this one. If only this one then does $god have a $GOD? If every universe
then are there other beings that $god was the creator of. In which case
are they all exactly like him and therefore us? Are we even special?

Might the almost universal human habit of ascribing certain things to a
higher authority be an instinctual sense of other universes and
therefore a gut feeling of a higher level of abstraction?

Or put it another way - can God be found in whatever would reconcile
Godel's Incompleteness Theorem?

Bear with me, I'm cripplingly jetlagged.