[FoRK] Found on YouTube: MWI Beeb documentary

Russell Turpin < deafbox at hotmail.com > on > Fri Dec 15 11:44:26 PST 2006

Simon Wistow <simon at thegestalt.org> wrote:
>Or put it another way - can God be found in whatever would reconcile
>Godel's Incompleteness Theorem?

No. Gödel's theorems are mathematical theorems. They don't need to be
"reconciled." I don't know that they have any particular relevance to
various physical theories of multiple worlds.

>Potentially (re(re(re)))opening a can of worms but has there been any
>serious, public efforts to reconcile the theories mentioned in that
>documentary with religious doctrine?

There is no more point in asking that question about religion than
there is about astrology or Disney's fairy tale universe. There is no
serious work on religious doctrine. That's why it is called "doctrine."