[FoRK] Who Else Ordered an AppleTV?

Adam L Beberg < beberg at mithral.com > on > Wed Jan 10 10:53:04 PST 2007

Luis Villa wrote on 1/9/2007 4:41 PM:
> The phone will far exceed his prediction of 10M units in 2008,
> assuming that by mid-2008 there is a 16G version, and that the touch
> screen isn't a total flop.

Easily. Sorta.

I predict AT&T (the only phone company left, again) will F*** Apple
royally by pricing the required 2 year contract into the stratosphere.
Looks like data + voice now is about 90/month, and you know the iPhone
plan will be even more with all those features, so you're looking at
well over 3k in 2 years why the time you get all those extra little fees
in there. That's insane.

So I could care less about the phone, it's an iBook replacement not a
cellphone replacement. It's running OS X and has WiFi so it has or will
have all the apps I use on my laptop. VoIP from the iPhone is a
cellphone replacement on the other hand, and that's free. I have no need
for a cell plan, and neither do you.

How Apple missed that one, who knows, but even they make mistakes :)

But it _is_ the iMac Nano, woohoo.

I don't think it's going to take people too long to figure this out, and
certainly before June, people will be demanding the bare iPhone.

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/