[FoRK] nothing very uplifting

Dave Long < dave.long at bluewin.ch > on > Fri Jan 19 11:53:34 PST 2007

In reading this Rich Little statement:

> They got a lot of letters ... I won't even mention the word 'Iraq.'
> ... They don't want anyone knocking the president. He's really over
> the coals right now, and he's worried about his legacy

and trying to determine if the irony were intentional, I ran across the
following cartoon:

http://www.workingforchange.com/comic.cfm?itemid=21816

Tom Tomorrow's a bit behind the times.  18-22?  Why limit it to the
young?  Back when the recruiters were regularly calling our house, the
max age was 34 or so -- STFW now, and it seems that the current number
is up to 42.  (with enlistment bonuses escalating to match)

So, let's mark FoRK to market[0] a bit: where's the mideast[1] heading
now?  The JBone future?  The GoJoMo future?  Splitting the difference?

-Dave

[0] We already have JohnHall's war; I'd rather not have Beberg's world
come true as well.  Atomkrieg? Nein Danke...

[1] or countries that wish they were middle eastern, like the US?  I'd
snail mail some of you this great swiss kirsch christmas candy that
we're still working through from the holidays, but there's apparently
some sort of fatwa against shipping alcohol in the States, whether it
take the form of good bottles of wine or batons of yummy chocolate.