[FoRK] jesus likes you

Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> on Thu Mar 15 08:56:58 PDT 2007

On 3/14/07, Lucas Gonze <lucas.gonze at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jesus doesn't just save, he loans too.

Having attended a few years of church again I can safely  say "The red
letters[1] giveth and the rest of the texts taketh away". Jefferson
had the right idea only he did not, maybe could not, go as far as he
should have.[2] All the reformations and all the kings men can not put
Humptey together again, firstly cause they are mostly based on a  core
myth of personality with a mean hierarchical structure  and second
becuase the nature of such power structures is not to care for all but
to rise the cream to the top...and before we go off on a double digit
thread wait for a second and answer one question....does your power
structure/religion condemn a certain portion of beings to not get the
goodies? IF TRUE THEN GOTO[3] start ELSE you got a good start at a
functional societal structure you need to franchise out complete with
double coupon days and buy 10 get 1 free punch cards.

Besides, any sane rationale being will tell you that 30$ is all you
truly need for salvation[4]

-tomhiggins[5]

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_letter_edition
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_Bible
[3] Those of us who came up thru the 80's knwo that this is a whole
other religious battle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_To_Statement_Considered_Harmful
[4] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_the_subgenius
[5] Lordy me oh I do seem to be on a wikipedia morning, all eggs in
one basket not making for the best of diversified holdings and all
that. Taken and I will endeavor to do better when I am not having to
listen to the Teletubies[6] in one ear and npr in the other
[6] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teletubies[7]
[7] Yea this is getting ridicules..I will stop now.