[FoRK] Mmmmm, pi

Albert S. <albert.scherbinsky at rogers.com> on Thu Mar 15 10:45:57 PDT 2007

--- Wayne Baisley <baisley at alumni.rice.edu> wrote:

> >>Zounds.  I'd've thought we'd be countable in this
> >>phase space.
> >>

> > Uncountable in the sense that you had no idea I'd
> > observed a pi second of silence until I told you.
> > There is no reason to believe that everyone who
> > observes pi second would necessarily let the
> > enumerators know.
>
> Ah, you meant uncounted.

I am the 'meaner', and I asure you I meant
uncountable. Belief in countability of pi second
observers is a leap of faith. A faith in the belief
that all pi second observers would fess up to
enumerators. A person being silent at pi second is
indistinguishable from a person observing pi second.

Albert