[FoRK] how to tivo an internet ad?

Stephen D. Williams <sdw at lig.net> on Sat Mar 17 13:59:44 PDT 2007

Obviously ad companies should have a "click here for a permalink" to
facilitate sharing / bookmarking.  It's a silly oversight.  Even
something like "show me the last ads served to me from your ad server"
would be handy.  Of the very few times I'm interested in an ad, many of
those times my brain digests the ad after I've navigated off the page.
For many sites, I get another ad when I navigate back, depriving the ad
company of a real view hit.

As far as saving the ad, for non-streaming media you could capture the
content when it's being handed to the Flash/etc. plugin.  There are some
extensions for Firefox that try to capture various media from various sites.

sdw