[FoRK] Using TV airwaves for internet

Albert S. <albert.scherbinsky at rogers.com> on Sun Mar 18 11:18:01 PDT 2007

Sounds interesting. It's really good if it does
everything that I expect from WiMax.

Will it be a North America wide standard? Will I
eventually be able to access my notebook over it from
almost anywhere? Will I be able to do VOIP phone calls
over it? Will I need a big honking TV transmitter on
top of my house or car to have the same up bandwidth
as down bandwidth?

Albert

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/12/AR2007031201395.html