[FoRK] any IM experts here

Ian Andrew Bell <hello at ianbell.com> on Thu Mar 29 16:25:21 PDT 2007

Most of the companies doing IM proxying of one sort or another are
using libgaim:

	http://swik.net/libgaim

.. this includes Meebo.  And most choose the "beg for forgiveness"
versus the associated bullshit of "asking permission" from the
various IM networks, whom are now a bit more wary of cutting off
companies who choose to write client software for their networks as a
result of DoJ actions against AOL and AOL's agreement regarding AIM.

-Ian.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ianbell