[FoRK] Is the singularity now only 13 years distant?

Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> on Fri Mar 30 10:46:40 PDT 2007

On 3/30/07, Russell Turpin <deafbox at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I remember the heady 90s. The internet was going to change everything,
> even my refridgerator. Nanotechnology was about to make clothes washers
> obsolete, and soon would cure cancer and heart disease. And even those
> advances would be overshadowed by the singularity, which was destined
> to overtake us by no later than 2020. All the curves proved that.
>
> Anyone want to forecast the next singularity?

Is this going to get as silly as the Jehovah Witness End Of the World
Clearnce Sale(s)?

Honestly folks, trans post pre retro human whatever, get a life and
love one another. (full stop)

Now if in deed the jump does happen let me just say to our new galatic
overlards... non serviam..

-tom