[FoRK] Re: "Thanks for the Facts. Now Sell Them."

Lion Kimbro <lionkimbro at gmail.com> on Sat Apr 21 14:23:23 PDT 2007

On 4/21/07, Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/21/07, Lion Kimbro <lionkimbro at gmail.com> wrote:
> >   I suppose my crime was just not being named
> >   "Eugen Leitl."  I just wish Tom were more direct
> >   in the telling.
>
> I wish you were better at comprehending what you read, as my telling
> is all there in lovely ascii. Please go back and READ it all again.
> Ingest, digestion, etc etc.

  I can comprehend what I read;
  It's the interpretation that's difficult.

  We are hampered by lack of shared history, context, language, ... [1]

  If we were talking on the phone, (or IRC, or...) as soon as I started
  answering about "Of course we value the universe, ..."

  ...you would have immediately snipped it at the bud--
  "No; I don't mean valuing like that, I mean-- valuing like, ..."

  And you'd be happier with my answer, because it was the actual
  answer to the question you intended to answer.

  You wouldn't be walking around thinking in the back of your mind,
  "That idiot; He might even be intentionally mis-interpreting what
   I'm saying..."

  (And so on, and so forth.)

  -- Lion

[1] "shared history, context, language,..."

  You know-- "clap-trap!"  {;D}=
  Subjective stuff.