[FoRK] Re: "Thanks for the Facts. Now Sell Them."

Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> on Mon Apr 23 12:46:18 PDT 2007

On 4/23/07, Stephen D. Williams <sdw at lig.net> wrote:
> > Are our sex drives irrational? Absolutely, yes.

um..No. They are a rationale way to propagate the species. Fuck early
fuck often. As with many evolutionarily derived devices it often gets
used psst its prime/ by other devices/ for other means. The pleasure
factor of sex has becomes the ends in itself with little regard for
propagation, often even with every regard to not propagate.

So is the supposed irrationality the sex drive or the ways the human
vehicle is using/misusing/abusing it?

See, it is very much a case not of making science palpable to the
masses but rather pulverizing  science to atomics bits and
reconstructing it to fit another need. The need to feel good about
oneself can be addressed without dismantling the quest for knowledge.

Need I remind everyone here of Harrison Bergeron?

-tomhiggins