[FoRK] Re: FoRK Digest, Vol 42, Issue 21

Kevin Elliott <K-Elliott at wiu.edu> on Tue Apr 24 10:47:03 PDT 2007

At 21:42 -0400  on  4/23/07, Sebastian Hassinger wrote:
>Guns are fuel that increase the bodycounts of our inevitable moments
>of ape aggression. Hand out sticks to everyone and outlaw guns. Ook.

The one problem with this is that guns have a trait completely unique
among all the personal weapons man has created in human history.  An
individuals deadliness is not related to either his physical strength
and/or the huge amount of training he's received.  How dangerous you
are with a sword/mace/club/etc.  is purely a question of strength and
training.  And with very few exceptions strength is more important
than training.

We have a names for places where the strong make the rules, and it's
not heaven.