[FoRK] Re: Tin-foil hat THIS!

Bill Humphries <bill at whump.com> on Tue May 1 20:20:28 PDT 2007

On May 1, 2007, at 1:09 PM, Corinna wrote:

>> Not that calling it right's that big a demonstration of
>> prescience, etc.  The plot's so obvious on this one that the
>> bigger question is --- how in the world did we get four years
>> further in w/o this being the common, accepted scenario?  And why
>> is this asshole still in office?
>
> At what point does one of the 9/11 conspiracy theories start
> looking plausible?

Well, there is http://www.429truth.com/ (that's a joke, folks.)

But in seriousness, I think people gravitate towards conspiracy
theories once they've been lied to enough. We've seen it with the UFO
true believers who jumped on that bandwagon because of the culture of
secrecy around our military's work in the West, and given the pile of
lies used to justify the invasion of Iraq, no wonder ordinarily
reasonable people will suspect foul play.

-- whump