[FoRK] Re: Tin-foil hat THIS!

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Tue May 1 15:13:05 PDT 2007

On May 1, 2007, at 3:09 PM, Corinna wrote:

>> Not that calling it right's that big a demonstration of
>> prescience, etc.  The plot's so obvious on this one that the
>> bigger question is --- how in the world did we get four years
>> further in w/o this being the common, accepted scenario?  And why
>> is this asshole still in office?
>
> At what point does one of the 9/11 conspiracy theories start
> looking plausible?

So you've put me in the awkward position of defending Cheney...  hmm,
well, there's a first for everything. ;-)

I still maintain that arrogance, ineptitude, ham-handed manipulation
of some of the principals (Taliban) by Energy Task Force members and
so forth collectively constitute a more plausible scenario than
active willful involvement.  I.e., I'm willing to believe that these
guys are totally blinded by ego and ambition --- but that their
motives are still, at least in their own minds, motivated by what
they think of as "good."  I find it hard to imagine them actually
being knowingly involved in the 9/11 attacks, either through
involvement in the operation or even through having certain detailed
knowledge about the operation ahead of time but failing to act.

Nonetheless, there's no way to slice it but this:  these are *bad*
and *dangerous* people.

jb