[FoRK] Calling [redacted] and all the ships at sea.

Bill Humphries <bill at whump.com> on Wed May 2 09:24:59 PDT 2007

On May 2, 2007, at 8:55 AM, Tom Higgins wrote:

> What an amazingly blustery night it was online last evening. I picked
> the thread up around noon and rode it till midnight. Many interesting
> observations and unfurlings will come of this along with much much
> hype about the destructive nature of "mob driven" web sites...which
> makes me laugh since the site that was the touchdown point of this
> particular tornado was built by the power of tornadoes.

It's telling about our culture that the response to sexist and
boorish behavior on Digg is crickets chirping, while the moment
someone posts an anti-circumvention measure property owners flush the
alert lawyers and get the injunctions in the bullpen warming up.

-- whump

PS: Yes, I deleted the key, Tom can go play David and Goliath for all
I care.