[FoRK] Re: Tin-foil hat THIS!

Albert S. <albert.scherbinsky at rogers.com> on Thu May 3 03:34:45 PDT 2007

The pendulum swings widely. At a recent gig/job my
boss was in the 911 conspiracy camp and I being
against the war in Iraq(but for Afghanistan) from the
beginning but not being able to keep my mouth shut was
in the uncomfortable position of disagreeing.
Ineptitude in power is often indistinguishable from
evil.

The gig/job immediately previous to that my boss was a
war hawk and really an "I told you so" is very much in
order from me to him.

The following quote from Ray McGovern is so true for
everyone who works in an office not just the CIA:

"As we had learned early in our careers, if you
consistently tell it like it is, you are certain to
make enemies. Those enjoying universal popularity are
ipso facto suspect of perfecting the political art of
compromise - shading this and shaving that."

Regard,
Albert