[FoRK] What is Reason?

Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> on Thu May 3 14:39:27 PDT 2007

> Grow some stones, kiddo.
>
> Note that sloppiness will always get you a well-deserved toasting
> from somebody around here.

One of the things I value about fork is the no bullshit approach to
critiques , though I will say there are always a few dingle berries
who do the one side ME RIGHT YOU WRONG thing...a recent thread on
peaches comes to mind.

Over the last ten years I have been schooled numerous times, dressed
down by the dozens and  taken by the scruff of the necks to be made
friends with a spell checker. Most of the times i was a better person
after ingesting some of those tough cookies.

Have I had a trolls try to take my head off for not following the
march step dejour? Well yea no place is perfect. For the most part
though when a core group of forkers give you some advice you should at
least ponder it for a few before reving up the ASCII generators for a
scatter shot rebuttal.

This all holds only if it is your intent to be part of a community
that learns and teaches in a symbiotic togetherness akin to a very
well read dysfunctional family all of whom are trying to answer the
Jeopardy at once while sharing a batch of fresh baked cookies.

-tomhiggins