[FoRK] PubSub 2.0

J. Andrew Rogers <andrew at ceruleansystems.com> on Thu May 3 19:46:29 PDT 2007

On May 3, 2007, at 6:30 PM, Ian Andrew Bell wrote:
> We're bringing it back.  We're making it a lot better this time.

Cool.  Better in what way? (A serious question.)

As a semi-related tangent, I have seen multiple interesting and
serious proposals in the last couple months for the high-performance
routing of exotic and pervasively decentralized and distributed high-
dimensionality topologies (e.g. for vanilla 3D and 4D spatio-
temporal).  Spontaneous convergence?  The fact remains that current
basic algorithms in computer science for managing dynamic data in
these models are quite poor, but the space is being taken seriously
and a lot of really tasty research is being done.

The PubSub reminded me of this, since things like intelligent geo-
notification loom large among the potential applications, a PubSub
model writ large.

Cheers,

J. Andrew Rogers