[FoRK] What is Reason?

Tom Higgins <tomhiggins at gmail.com> on Fri May 4 00:30:21 PDT 2007

On 5/3/07, Lion Kimbro <lionkimbro at gmail.com> wrote:
>   I have a hard time telling, even reading archives, what FoRK culture
>   is like.

Yet you seem to have drawn conclusions already, even though you now
claim to having a hard time of telling what FoRK culture is like....

Your exact words were "FoRK has a culture of abusive conversation."

> A handful of people are loud, but what I'm hearing now is
>   that the low frequency posters are important to FoRK culture as well,
>   perhaps even majority shareholders.

The 5% nation of posterinos
The 5% nation of has the time to post
The 5% nation of has something to saying
The 5% nation of casiotone.

Yet without readers there are not a need for writters. We all here
find a place in time and purpose and in such we are readers, writters,
lovers, haters, supporters, detractors, lurkers and snipers. Frak all
even Beberg has a place...and have you groked a Norquist?

>   Further:
>   I have a hard time telling, without comment either private or public,
>   whether I'm saying something that anybody finds relevant.

Read the responses, knock on the mic. If the crickets chirp it may not
mean the readership is 0 but it may mean nothing else is to be added
at that juncture. Do not take it as a slap in the face if no one
responds. Over time you will know when something has stuck in another
mindset and when you have simply added content to the archive..

>   ...I feel that I should have a visible sponsor, who is a regular
>   here, if I'm to continue writing.

Be your own, personal  Rohit...someone to hear your prayers
someone who cares.

Without you being you there is no self to project outward, to draw the
energies of the vast and limitless cosmos with its millions of
billions of ideas all waiting to be given birth and raised by loving
entities of pro consciousness, nurtured on the suckling juice of the
universe and then sent out into the vastness of the greater all to
take its place in the infinite pantheon of  sacred beingness.....or
something like that.

Just be yourself is the short form. But remember the old golden rules
of the thumb, both thumbs,  Know Thine self and Nothing In Excess.

We'll leave the light on.

-tom(kicking it ruby vroom tonight)higgins