[FoRK] PubSub 2.0

Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> on Fri May 4 20:17:46 PDT 2007

On May 4, 2007, at 6:02 PM, J. Andrew Rogers wrote:

> On May 4, 2007, at 3:18 AM, Eugen Leitl wrote:
>> On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 07:46:29PM -0700, J. Andrew Rogers wrote:
>>
>>> As a semi-related tangent, I have seen multiple interesting and
>>> serious proposals in the last couple months for the high-performance
>>> routing of exotic and pervasively decentralized and distributed
>>> high-
>>> dimensionality topologies (e.g. for vanilla 3D and 4D spatio-
>>
>> Can you expand? This is an area of dear interest to me, assuming
>> I parsed you correctly.
>

> The background:
>
> For all the nascent interest in geospatial data on the Internet,

Geospatial == an interesting but very constrained subset of possible
applications, and the one among many that (while probably very VC-
sexy these days, given herd behavior and limited attention-span) is
extremely limited, relative to the actual low-hanging fruit.

You want interesting multi-dimensional real-time-event-processing
problems?  Look into applied economics. (I know, JAR, you have.  But
what's with the trendy focus?  You're so trend-resistant, I'm finding
it interesting that you're peering at maps...  Solve the general case
and there's more bootstrapping money to be had...  perhaps you'd care
to explain in p2p offline?)

jb