[FoRK] Lion, rationality, reason, and seriousness

Lorin Rivers <lrivers at gmail.com> on Mon May 7 15:37:24 PDT 2007

I find, more and more, that people do not make decisions about
ANYTHING rationally and that it's a HUGE mistake to confuse "common
sense" and reason. Further, much like people's perception of their
driving skills (80% believe they're "above average"), people's
preconceptions, blind spots and prejudices === their view of what is
rational, reasonable, and so on.

Stumbling Upon Happiness explores this in some detail and I recommend it highly.