[FoRK] Lion, rationality, reason, and seriousness

Lion Kimbro <lionkimbro at gmail.com> on Mon May 7 15:43:09 PDT 2007

> So, to save the notion of reason from (simultaneously) a circular
> definition *and* romanticization, we have to define it  in
> romanticized-warm-fuzzy-subjective-impossible-to-quantify terms?

  Actually, I was going to anthropomorphize Reason into a fuzzy
  male sub, and Passion as his romanticized Dominatrix, but I wasn't
  so sure how that would play out here:

  FoRK:  "How DARE you call Master a sub!"

  But in the background, I hear Passion whipping "Master" ...

    "Rationalize your existence!  *wpsh!* DO IT!  *wpsh!* Now!
     Contemplate your life without me!  *wpsh!*"

  He'll be like...

  "Uh..."

      <wpsh!>
      "Don't you Uh me!  Tell me!  Now!  Rationalize!"

  "OK!"

     <wpsh!>
     "Just SAY IT!  RATIONALIZE!"

  "UTILITY FUNCTION!"

    "This sounds like a start... Continue..."

  "Uh..."

    <wpsh!>

  She's going to get him to do the impossible,
  and then whip him for an obvious logical fallacy, and then
  again for insubordination.

  But is it levity?,
    Lion