[FoRK] Lion, rationality, reason, and seriousness

Stephen D. Williams <sdw at lig.net> on Mon May 7 20:57:15 PDT 2007

Lorin Rivers wrote:
> I find, more and more, that people do not make decisions about
> ANYTHING rationally and that it's a HUGE mistake to confuse "common
> sense" and reason. Further, much like people's perception of their
> driving skills (80% believe they're "above average"), people's
It's quite possible for 80% to be above average.  They can't all be
above median, but average is no problem if there are some really bad
drivers, and there are.  I'm not saying they are numerically correct,
but a number of studies try to make a point about misperception, but
make this erroneous statement.  You could argue that the people meant
median, but in many cases people know the difference.