[FoRK] Geospatial

Adam L Beberg <beberg at mithral.com> on Mon May 7 22:53:43 PDT 2007

Stephen D. Williams wrote on 5/7/2007 9:40 PM:
> I can locate my family's phones with accuracy as good as 10 ft. with a
> nice interface that shows uncertainty as a sized perimeter around the
> location point.  The standard interface is web-based.  Some phones have
> a mobile application, although my phone doesn't yet.  I've verified the
> location of my daughter a few times and just tonight she called to tell
> me that she had lost her 4 day old phone.  I located it, told her where
> to look, and she found it in the grass, at night, within 10 minutes.

Nice to see the phone company (read: government) is tracking us all in
real time to ~3m. Damn good thing they can't find their ass with both
hands, since their leader is severely retarded, or I'd be worried. Hell
they can't find 15m+ illegals, so we should be safe.

I wonder how long it takes between saying "stem cell evolution" on a
phone call and the SWAT team showing up? Hmmmm...

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/